Scrap The Boys Design Team - October Challenge

This months challenge was a wonderful sketch provide by the very talented Laura Whitaker, go check out the http://scraptheboys.blogspot.com/ for more inspiration.


I really enjoyed using this sketch to create. I had just bought the Happiness collection (https://cocoavanilla.com.au/product-category/happiness/) by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I know, I know, I was late to the game, but I couldn't wait to scrap with it. The combination of these two things meant the layout come together so easily.

The weekend I had to get my layout completed for Scrap the Boys, Melbourne had it's first beautiful spring day and I had snapped these photos of Seb making a wish on a dandelion while we were out walking Pepper the dog. I used the Spring Garden cut file by Cut to You (https://createdbygwen.com.au/). I backed the word Spring with the Happiness Good Vibes Page and also used that paper as my main border. I cut the dandelions away from the title and backed them with velum to used them as embellishments in place of the stars from the sketch. The square of floral paper is Happiness Meadow and I've used the woodgrain from the Happiness Bright and Beautiful paper as strip on the sketch. I only wanted to use 2 photos (which I bordered with the B side of the Happiness Meadow paper, distressing the edges) and therefore used the Weekend rectangle from the Happiness Frame of Mind sheet as third rectangle within the sketch. The banners are made from the branding strips. I machine stitched around the white card stock and simply used a couple of butterflies, some word phrases and a label to finish off my embellishing. 

This really was a quick layout for me to complete and I really loved how it turned out! I hope you'll join in this months challenge.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge - Scrap the Boys

May Challenge - Scrap the Boys

Scrap the Boys Design Team - September Challenge