Scrap the Boys Design Team - September Challenge

This months STB challenge was definitely a challenge for me, as I am not use to using florals on a boy layout. However, I really enjoyed making this layout and feel like it has opened my mind to more flower love in the future.




I have always enjoyed cross stitching, my mother introduced me to it when I was about 10 and I have been doing it every since. This was the first time however that I had hand stitched on a layout. I had been drooling over the beautiful hand stitching Paige Evans (http://www.paigetaylorevans.com/) does on layouts and decided to give it a go. I used the Stitch heart file from Confessions of a Paper Addict (https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/COAPACutfiles) and a blanket stitch with DMC cotton embroidery thread. The embellishments are from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight collection. I really love the way it turned out and can wait to get more flowers on my boys layouts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge - Scrap the Boys

May Challenge - Scrap the Boys

Scrap the Boys Design Team - September Challenge