So Thankful

I had a lot of fun creating this layout for a photo that was captured of my beautiful family on the last day of 2019! I used the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla 'Happiness' collection for this layout. Although this collection has been out for a little while, it is still relatively new to me so I had enjoyed playing with all the beautiful elements. I started with smooth white card stock coated in a thin layer of clear textured gesso (Mont Marte brand). I used Alpine Ice Rose Lindy's Gang magical shaker and pre-mixed it with water to create the striped background and splatters. The border is the beautiful Meadow paper from the collection, that I have machine stitched to the white card stock using white thread. The photo is printed with a white border and it is backed on the same Meadow print but this time using the smaller design from the 6x8 paper pad. I used some adhesive foam to pop up my photo and created a space for the two tags to be able to slide in and out easily to include some hidden journaling. I used the die cut ephemera to create four clusters around the layout, as well as fussy cutting three butterflies from the 6x8 paper.  I love the way the title sits so nicely between the stripes, that was an unexpected stroke of luck.





I hope you can take some inspiration from this simple page and get to enjoy some scrappy time soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge - Scrap the Boys

May Challenge - Scrap the Boys

Scrap the Boys Design Team - September Challenge