Scrap the Boys Design Team - February Challenge


This months Scrap the Boys challenge I found, well challenging! When I first saw this challenge poster, my mind immediately focused on the woodgrain which I love. However, beyond that I was a bit stumped. It wasn't until I scrolled back through my photos and found a picture of Seb from 3 years ago playing in flour. I think the combination of the woodgrain floorboards in the photo and element of play sparked my creativity.



For this layout I bought together two Cocoa Vanilla Studio boy collections, Boys Rule and You Rock. I started with that perfect woodgrain paper (which is the  B side of the Plus One paper), this was the last piece in my stash, so I wanted to make it the highlight of the layout.

I used the B side of the Random paper as the base. I took a strip of the This Way paper (as that is all I had left) and distressed the edges with a distressing tool. I then layed strips of the dark blue side of the Expressionist paper either side. I created ruffles using tissue paper and double sided tape, so that it would peek out either side of the strip to create some texture. I adhered this strip down off centre.

To make the woodgrain paper the star of the layout I mounted it in the centre, I had also distressed the edges. I used the same dark blue paper to mat my photo and cut the PLAY title word. The title font is BMC PC Tennessee and it was cut using my Brother Scan n Cut.

I then used a mixture of embellishments from the die cut ephemera, clears stickers and miscellany packs. To finish off the layout I used some enamel dots and slatters with the Bavarian Blue magical shaker by Lindy's Gang.

I hope you get some inspiration for this months Scrap the Boys Challenge, head over to the Scrap the Boys blog for more inpiration from the other Design team members. And make sure to enter.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge - Scrap the Boys

May Challenge - Scrap the Boys

Scrap the Boys Design Team - April Challenge