Summer Double Page Layout


After having such a fun day at the beach capturing this gorgeous photo of Seb and Charli, I had a plan to create a double page layout. My first port of call was Pinterest, where I found this sketch:

http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/2010/06/


The sketch was really helpful in kick starting the layout, but I adjusted it as I need to, to make it work for me.
I knew I wanted to use the Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Hello Sunshine" collections, but I didn't have enough of the right 12"x12" sheets for the background. I found this green wash woodgrain paper (the b side of Shabby Chic) in my stash which is from an older Cocoa Vanilla Studio collection called "Free Spirit", which worked really well. I followed the sketch reasonably closely for the laying paper, that I also machine stitched and distressed the edges. I created the banners using a die cut, that I cut with my manual die cutting machine and machine stitched along the top for added texture. The embellishments are a mixture from the sticker sheet, ephemera pack, cut apart sheet, puffy stickers and wood epoxy buttons. 
I love how this double page layout come together and I hope you get some inspiration to give a double page layout a go!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge - Scrap the Boys

May Challenge - Scrap the Boys

Scrap the Boys Design Team - April Challenge